- Staff Services
South Butler County School District 2018 – 2021 Comprehensive Plan
The Staff Services Subcommittee addressed the importance of a well-prepared teaching staff able and ready to address the learning needs of the students of the South Butler County School District.
One of the key factors contributing to the success of the South Butler County School District student is a professionally prepared staff. In order to meet the learning needs of the students and to keep pace with mandates from the Pennsylvania Department of Education, a clearly articulated professional development plan must be developed. The South Butler County School District will continue to evaluate effective strategies to support District employees by creating reference tools that assist the employee with clearly written expectations. A staff handbook will provide information about the District, personnel events, attendance expectations, and expectations for the work environment.
The Staff Services subcommittee met and have established the following goals and action steps for the Comprehensive Plan:
- Define programs that address the professional development needs of the staff within the South Butler County School District.
- Establish an Act 48 Committee to share training mandates and to collaborate upon meaningful professional development for each member of the District based upon staff input.
- Utilize flexible professional development days that will allow staff members to personalize their professional development experiences.
- Provide training options for staff to ensure that all members are taking full advantage of District
- Establish communication tools that help to build trust, recognize achievements, and create a sense of community throughout the district.
- Develop avenues for staff to have a voice in the decision making process regarding the needs of the educational community.
- Create an electronic form of communication to highlight important dates, identifies initiatives, and recognizes district accomplishments among staff and to promote camaraderie.
- Revise or create the staff handbook to provide information about the school district, personnel events, attendance expectations, and expectations for the work environment.
- Provide wellness opportunities that focus on physical, mental, and social well-being of staff members to create a productive environment.
- Establish wellness activities for staff on professional development days.
- Manage morale/team-building activities within the in-service schedule.
- Provide teachers with various opportunities for social gatherings where they can communicate with and support one another.